Hope your family loves this one as much as mine did!
What you need:
- flour soft shells
- 2 cups cooked chicken (always season your meat even if just with salt and pepper)
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- 3 T butter
- 3 T flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 can diced green chillies drained
- Cayenne Pepper (only if you want an extra bite, not for kids)
- garlic salt
- preheat oven to 350. Spray glass cooking dish
- mix chicken and 1 cup cheese
- roll in tortillas and place in pan
- In a sauce pan melt butter, stir in flour and cook about a minute until golden.
- add broth and whisk until smooth. This may take a little bit.
- Cook until it thickens and bubbles.
- Stir in sour cream and chillies DO NOT ALLOW TO BOIL
- add garlic salt to taste
- pour over enchiladas
- top with remaining cheese and sprinkle with cayenne pepper if you choose to use it.
- Bake for about 22 mintues
Make sure you let chicken cool before mixing with cheese.
Add in one cup white rice with only 1 1/2 cups of chicken. Makes it more filling.
Sprinkle shredded lettuce over the top right before serving.