Here is the original recipe. It wasnt bad just in my opinion a little bland.
Onto my version of the recipe:
what you need:
- 1/2 box of spahetti (which is about 7 oz)
- 1 pd hamburger
- 1 Jar Spaghetti sauce (I used 24 ounces but you might want a little more depending on how much cream cheese you want to taste)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- Grated Parmesan
- French Fried Onions
- Seasonings: Parsley, Basil, chopped onion, salt, pepper
- Preheat oven to 350
- Cook spaghetti as directed. Drain and set aside.
- Cook hamburger. I seasoned with a little salt and pepper and a palmful of chopped onion. Drain grease
- Add spaghetti sauce to hamburger and heat through. (taste as you go) I wanted to add more flavor so I added basil and parsley.
- While that is heating through on stove, Nuke cream cheese until soft enough to spread. Add melted butter to it and stir.
- Layer in 8x8 glass dish
- Little meat sauce (after you put a lil meat sauce across the bottom mix the cream cheese in with the rest)
- Cream cheese/meat sauce mixture
- Parmesan cheese
Let me know what you think!
Tips and tricks:
- If you do not have a big enough pot just break the noodles in half before cooking.
- Always salt the water you cook pasta in, to prevent it from sticking together.
- Be careful not to burn french fried onions! They make this recipe.
- Try whole grain spaghetti to make it healthier.
- My favorite type of sauce to put in this recipe is definitely creamy vodka!
- If you want to prep it in advance stop at step 6, cover and refridgerate.
- You can also freeze this recipe before cooking as well.