Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Pepsi Pork Chops! (Crockpot Recipe)

I don't think I can say how much I Love crockpot meals! Especially on Sundays! I am not a big fan of the ones that have a ton of prep work. I think crockpot meals should be easy to put together and not have much work at the end.
This recipe is great for that! The original recipe was a little too sweet for my taste. I added some seasoning and I changed it to boneless pork chops but I didn't change much else. There is a rice recipe below as well.
What you need:
  • 4-6 boneless pork chops
  • 1 can pepsi
  • 1 can cream of chicken
  • 1 can cream of mushroom
  • 1/2 bag onion soup mix
  • 1 cup chicken broth
  • Famous Daves Burger and Steak Seasoning (I used a couple Tablespoons)
  • Salt & Pepper
  • corn starch (If you want to turn juices into gravy)
  • Cumin (Just a teaspoon or 2.)
  1. Season pork chop with salt and pepper
  2. Place in crock pot
  3. Mix Pepsi, cream of mushroom, cream of chicken, soup mix, chicken broth, Famous Daves, Cumin
  4. Pour over pork chops
  5. Cook on low for 7-8 hours
  6. Drain juices but SAVE THEM
  7. Shred pork with 2 forks (Should be so tender it falls apart)
  8. Cook juices on stove with some corn starch to thicken Serve over rice.
Now if you want to make this dish easier don't make the gravy and just use the juices. I made rice but anotehr way to simplify the end work is to use minute rice.
A trick to add more flavor to minute rice is to use stock instead of water! Gives it tons more flavor!!

Now this is how I made my rice!
What you need:
  • 1 Tablespoon Butter
  • 2 Green onions
  • 1 1/2 cups long grain rice
  • 3 cups water
  • Salt & Pepper
  1. Melt butter on stove.
  2. Add green onions and cook for 1-2 minutes. (Careful not to wilt and overcook)
  3. add rice and cook another 1-2 minutes
  4. add water
  5. bring to boil
  6. cover and turn down to med low.
  7. cook until water is gone
  8. fluff and serve
Hopefully you will enjoy this meal as much as my husband did. He put it in his top 5 which is saying alot! For leftovers you could make yummy openface sandwhiches!
I am curious how it would taste with a little mozzerella cheese but I didn't try it so I'm not sure!
Let me know what you think!
If you are reading my posts please become a follower!

3 comments:

  1. This sounds awesome! I did something kind of like this, with tenderloin and then made it into pulled pork. SO good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So a great thing I tried with the leftover! Mix a lil gravy with some meat. put it on a cracker with a lil cheddar cheese! Great snack!!

    ReplyDelete