Thursday, March 22, 2012

Bacon wrapped Asparagus

So I have been trying to add more variety to what vegetables we eat. I like asparagus but my hubby wasn't a fan of it. I saw this idea on pinterest a gave it a shot. It was really good. I know its not as healthy as plain vegetables but its really good.
What you need:
  • asparagus
  • vegetable oil
  • salt
  • pepper
  • bacon
What you do:
  1. Trim your asparagus (tips on how to do this below)
  2. Cut bacon in half.
  3. Take a couple pieces of asparagus 2-3 depending on thickness and wrap with 1/2 a bacon slice. Leave both ends sticking out.
  4. Place on baking sheet.
  5. Drizzle a little vegetable oil over the top.
  6. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
  7. Bake at 400 for about 10 minutes.
Heres a picture of it with the deviled chicken.

Such a yummy meal!!
Tips:
How to trim asparagus. Cut the bottoms off or they will be tough and stringy. If its hard to cut then you need to cut more off!!

No comments:

Post a Comment