What you need:
- 4 jalapenos
- 8 bacon slices
- 2 raw sausages
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 1/4 cup grated pepper jack
- 1/4 cup grated cheddar
- 1/2 t smoked paprika
- 2 green onions, chopped
What you do:
- Preheat oven to 425
- Cut tops off jalapenos, then slice lengthwise. Remove seeds and membranes.
- Mix cream cheese, chedder, pepper jack, paprika, and green onions.
- Stuff jalapenos with cheese mixture.
- Cut sausage lengthwise and then in half.
- Place a piece of sausage on top of jalapeno.
- Wrap sausage and jalapeno with a slice of bacon.
- Cook for 30 minutes.
If you have precooked sausage just chunk it up and mix it in with cream cheese mixture.
For a healthier option use half cream cheese and half greek yogurt. Dont use all greek yogurt or it will be too runny.
For less heat rinse Jalapenos out after taking out seeds;
Make sure you wash your hands thoroughly after handling the jalapenos. (I may have made the mistake of itching my nose....)
Hope you enjoy!